CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My hubs on Good Things Utah Aug. 24, 2010

Friday, August 22, 2008

Our Harvest

So our plans for a garden ended up being one tomato plant!! Ha!! And despite its hostile environment here, it bears fruit! To give me hope and desire for a real garden! ha ha! We wanted to plant a large garden, but we have had a gofer problem and chickened out until its handled. We may just make grow boxes next year, if the little critters aren't gone. It was amazing to see this one tomato gleaming up at me. After all I have had Bridger bring me many surprise gifts: "LOOK MOMMY A GREEN APPLE, HERE YA GO!" Isn't he a sweetie!! So...and as Hunter has been pretty proud of the, what he calls "Our bean stalk" He named "tree" (cute huh) Anyway...this one little tomato plant has been a great teaching tool this summer. Despite the fact its to huge for its pot now. The boys have helped me water it. And they have had many many questions regarding how tall this Bean Stalk might grow. Watching there eye's access the miracle has been pretty sweet really. Despite the one attempted murder upon it. ITS A SURVIVOR!! WOOT WOOT
Here's to next year.

4 comments:

Harris Family said...

Your site is soooo cute! I really need to get into the blogging scene more. I love your story about your tomato plant, cuz I am in the same situation. I think I have one survivor out there. Oh well.... Here's to next year!

Jessica said...

That's a bigger garden than we had this year! Here's hopin' for next summer.

Connie said...

Okay, last year we didn't plant anything at all. This year we have a few tomato plants, but we haven't been out to check on them since we planted. We should go pick something!!

Thomas Family said...

Hey LaDawn, it's Sharon. Love your garden! We thought about having one this year, but didn't get around to it.

Hey, you should visit our blog. Visit us at thomastalkitytalk.blogspot.com.