CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My hubs on Good Things Utah Aug. 24, 2010

Monday, August 11, 2008

Kitchen Before and After

So when I am feeling a titch crafty I love to do home improvement projects. But it always requires a lot of hub's time, help and patience. When I was trying to figure out what the heck I needed for this job. I would do blog searches for before and after pic's. To get an idea of what some other "DO IT YOURSELF" folks had done. I do have one of the blogs listed on the side panel. (One woman's Cottage Life) I love her unique country cottage style, but I only borrowed a few idea's from her kitchen. She has huge talents so I hope she doesn't mind her being my muse. :)
You may notice in the AFTER pic's, we have some tile samples for the back splash. Its such a small space, I am just not sure yet, we have so much tile with the floors I don't want it to be too overwhelmingly TILED....any suggestions regarding a tile color? I am thinking a light brown, but can't find the right shade of brown. I need to hit a few more places. Anyway... my next blog will have to be the steps and how we did this exactly since I have had so many people ask what exactly we did regarding the painting,glazing,etc...My Father-In law and My hubs did the bead board!! Huge love I have for them both!!

BEFORE
These pictures were taken by the previous owners of the home.



ZZZZ AFTER'S :)



So my next project that has seemed pretty stinkin huge to me (although I love a good home project, there is still recover time) YA KNOW??? ANYWAY...
So my next one that MAY not require my Hub's help is the banister. I did refinished the fireplace mantle. And I figure I can do the same thing to banister!! Do I dare??? Of course I do...I will post the mantle a bit later. I know this is old news to a lot of my friends! Sorry! heehee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LURVE (love) your kitchen! You guys did such an awesome job. Now come and do that to my place. Thanks!

The Powells said...

LaDawn,
Your new kitchen is beautiful, I am so very happy for you.

Connie said...

I think I better stick to quilts!! AMAZING work!!

Unknown said...

thanks gals!
I personally loved farming through before and after pic's of home projects...so i new i would want to post these pic's.
:)
connie your too sweet! I wish I had the patience to quilt! My fingers say ouchie to that...LOL...