CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My hubs on Good Things Utah Aug. 24, 2010

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Potato bug aka Jerusalem cricket!

Family celebrations! And invasion of the big ugly bug!
Never have I seen anything like this bug...well except in my nightmares...
offending beast!
before the creepy crawling beast..
****My sweet mom & I and mr. king con****

Two of my fav niece's!!!

Twin-tastic!!! Playing and pulling each other...awhhhh

Grandma Dee ...trying not to look at the crazy kids on the trampoline ((worrying her to death))

I just have to share it!! Major trauma event yesterday.....Here is a copy of my frantic email to my niece who kept sending creepy pic's of bugs, trying to figure out what exactly we witnessed at our family party the night before! She is equally as disturbed by such offensive creepy crawling thangs, that she just had to find out if our lives were threatened the night before!!



Star,



Ok I am SOOOOOOOOO still trying to recover!! I cANNOT tell you how freaked out I am right now!! Not only do I have the MAJOR ebbie-jeebies from last night, then you send all these other bugs (via email),,..THEN THE LAST TWO HOURS I HAVE HAD A DRAGON FLY IN MY HOUSE!!! THEY ARE BIG AS BIRDS...i am UN UN UN UN REAL freaked out! I am seriously ready to call my dad, bishop, someone...hee...S.O.S...faaaareaking out so that i dont have to actually read on this bug...can they hurt us? ((The Jerusalem cricket?)) between the blinds is the dragon fly!!...i can see the skinny legs and the pulsating bum...AND IT FLEW OUT FROM UNDERNEATH MY FREAKING DESK......yes it was down by me without me knowing..this alone has got me so itchy...and my bum is tingling with fear. 911 !!@@##$$%%^^&&**(That bug is WAYYYY more big and scary in person.((potato bug)) Just sayin' holy moly!! Oh and then this dragon fly will try and excape from the blinds...waaaaaaaaa huge huge rustling and noise...i am PARALYZED....I am so not by it anymore....i am down stairs freaking out...i even locked the door....YIKES ...





Ok ...now that I have calmed down...I realize the dragon fly in fact do not hurt us. But I was equally as spooked when I had a bird in my house once. I just, well...get the creeps. I am sure I am not alone in the world with this fear/phobic-ness. But just an update on the invasion of the dragon fly ...he passed on, he done wore him self right out trying to escape the window blinds...then my brave hubs took care of the rest. Bless his heart.... hee.



So what are you afraid of?

6 comments:

Michele said...

Ok that bug is HORRIBLE!!!! EW I get the chills just thinking about it.

I took don't do well with birds in the house. I remember one being in the house when I was really little. It might have been a hummingbird but they just don't go in the house!
I usually don't freak out about bugs. I am usually squashing spiders with my bare fingers but that bug...GROSS!
What is it about dragon flies too? They totally freak me out.
Your kids are so cute. They are such boys!

Thursday is the day!

~Pam said...

Yuck! I hate bugs. All I know, is I have Several cans of bug killer around my house for easy access! As Jared would say, I don't just spray them, I drowned them. But, to my defense...I do feel guilty letting them suffer, so I am just trying to get it over with for them

Thomas Family said...

Snakes, definately afraid of the slimey and disgusting creatures!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! I love how eloquently you put it that the dragonfly passed on. HAHA! I dont know why that just got my giggler! That potato bug is so wrong and gross. YUCK! Im glad you survived the dragonfly, that email was very entertaining to say the least. LOVE YOU AUNTIE!

Anonymous said...

Im afraid of everything, pretty much.

SaMaTo said...

Oh Dawnie... THe whole thing made me giggle! That is exactly how I was the first time I found a Jeruselum Cricket. We used to get them all the time in Pocatello. I wouldn't ever let the kids outside on the grass without shoes on...they freaked me out! The first time I found one I thought it was a baby bird. Seriously...that is how freaking big they are. AHH!!! Too funny! Love you lots!