CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

My hubs on Good Things Utah Aug. 24, 2010

Sunday, February 8, 2009

SHUT UP!!! NO WAY!'

So my cute Mom invited my Sister and I, to her Stake Relief Society Conference, knowing we were huge fan's and supporters of Hilary Weeks! She was so inspiring and motivating. She shared some very spiritual stories and shared her talents with all of us! Since we were a few minutes early, we had the great HONOR and Privilege to get to meet this woman!! If you don't know of Hilary Weeks, she is a very talented LDS Gospel singer/song writer, and extremely gifted at sharing her heart and love for the gospel. She also happens to be way down to earth and fun! And if you couldn't already tell. I am a huge fan/admirer of her!! I almost thought I was going to explode with excitement when she agreed to a photo w/me!! When I introduced myself, I mentioned that my sweet hub's had arranged for us to do lunch. (he knows how much I love her music, and truly, she help change my life and help me gain a stronger testimony of Jesus Christ) We were to meet at Thanksgiving point, it was nearly 4 years ago!! She was so funny she said: "What did I do? Why didn't we go? It was my fault wasn't it?" I just laughed and told her well 'yes' ...you'd had some friends come in town last minute and decided it would be a good idea to take them skiing...((i was suppose to call her back and reschedule )) So between playing phone tag, etc...it never happened. Its all good though! This was more my style anyways... Although I think we are officially BFF's now because she said she would LOVE to do lunch as long as it was at Zupa's!! heee

So what inspires you? I can testify that I have had many whiteness of the holy spirit through music. And her music is at the top of my list! I will always treasure the gift of music and how it touches my soul. As it does for so many people. I am so grateful for role models and woman like Hilary that live their lives in such a way that the Lord can work through them.
Thanks for letting me share something so personal and dear to my heart...I highly recommend her CD collection. I believe she has 7 out now.













So my cute sister wasn't with us 'early', but here we are all together getting ready to peel out and head for a Cafe' Rio Salad! Or did we just get back? anyways..... THANKS AGAIN SWEET MOM!! AND A BIG HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to my sis who gifted me a Hilary cd all those years ago when I was at a cross road. I love you sis.

7 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if you really became BFFs. I am not familiar with her, but I will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing your experience. And, as you know, I do love that mother of yours.

dede said...

what a great experience - I am going to look her up right now! (it is ok to buy songs on itunes on Sunday as long as it is church music - right??)

jody said...

I'm glad you finally met her! I got the same cute book for Christmas you have on the side of your blog. Everyone should read it!

stephanie said...

That is such a cool experience! It always inspires me to meet my heros like that. It makes me want to be a better person.

Anonymous said...

What a fun girls day!

Michele said...

Fun story! Your pictures look great!!

Unknown said...

thanks ladies! Its always a good thing when one is pushed a little to try harder!!
And Starlynnersssss I wish you could have come and went with us!! I think you would had LOVED it as much as I did!!
dede so did you end up downloading any?
And Sharon...you are too funny!! I don't think we will even do lunch but I would love to have you over for lunch?! come play!! When will your schedule permit?

Jody...hilaryW shared some of the same stories from that book actually, but added a few too.

steph i totally agree!!

Shel..thanks for peeking in on the pic's!! I really was having a bad nose day! LOL